Be wild, be free at the North Carolina Zoo, home to most amazing creatures you will ever see!The beautiful 500 acres park is located at the foot of Uwharrie Mountains, just south of Asheboro and half way between Charlotte and Research Triangle Park.
The Zoo is open daily from 9AM to 5PM (4PM November through March) and admission is $10 adults, $8 seniors and $6 children 2-12.
TIP! Save $3 with a combo ticket and get 2 tickets to either 4D Theater or the Carousel. Riverbanks Zoo members get in for half price.
Just for kids fun things to do
• Buckle up for an exhilarating safari in Kenya! In the Wild Earth Africa 4-D ride you can literally feel the elephants stomping, get showered by rhinos and tagged with a veterinary dart (Junction Plaza, $3 admission, open 10AM – 3PM daily March 1 – November 30).
• While at Junction Plaza, climb aboard the popular Carousel ($2 per ride)
• Be Spider-Man at the Garden Friends Playground, best place for young children to run wild.
• Build a fort, dig in the garden and draw with chalk at KidZone. Enjoy live animal presentations Thursday – Sunday at 1:30PM (near Garden Friends Playground. Open April 6 – November 1 from 9AM to 4:30PM).
• Feed Giraffes at the new Acacia Station (daily from 10AM to 2PM)
• See how honey is made watching a live bee hive at the Honey Bee Garden
Filed under: Animals and Pets, Charlotte, Outdoor Activities, Raleigh - Durham, Videos and Photos, Zoo | Tagged: Asheboro just for kids, best day trip from Charlotte Raleigh, best weekend outdoor recreation Cary Chapel Hill, cheap family activities around Charlotte Concord, fun stuff for kids around Pinehurst, incredible zoo animals photos, NC Zoo pictures overview, North Carolina most popular attraction, things to do near Seagrove potteries, top Zoo in the South, what to do with children near Uwharrie Park, Zoo prices hours info new exhibits |