The Greenville Museum of Art indulges visitors with hundreds of paintings by American and Southern artists from the 18th century to present. The current attractions are two superb water color collections by Andrew Wyeth (through October 16) and Mary Whyte: Working South (through September 18). Admission is free. The art museum is open Tuesday to Saturday 11AM – 5PM and Sunday 1-5PM.
• September 4 – Music in the Galleries – Enjoy the gentle sounds of guitar music.
• September 18 – Highlights and Insights, an annual tour that touches on current exhibitions, art studios, and a discussion of the Museum’s history
• September 24 – Painter Anthony Conway discusses Jasper Johns
• October 9 – Art in Motion for Families with Percussionist Jeff Holland
• October 16 – The 26th Annual Antique Show
• October 23 – Original Art from 65 Years of Golden Books
My daughter really enjoyed the Art Detective challenge, where she had to identify 6 paintings inside Mary Whyte’s Working South exhibit.
More fun kids things to do near Heritage Park
• Be a textile worker at the Upcountry History Museum
• Kick into super fun gear at The Children Museum
• Let your imagination flourish at the Main Public Library
• Take the free guided tour of the historic Kilgore-Lewis House and Garden
Filed under: Free Things to Do, Greenville, Inspirational, Museums | Tagged: Andrew Wyeth SC Collection, best art museums in South Carolina, fun smart kids stuff to do in Greenville, Greenville free downtown entertainment, Greenville free kids activities, Greenville free things to do, Greenville Museum of Art calendar, Heritage Park free museums to visit, Mary Whyte Working South exhibit, Upcountry free area attractions, what kids can do at the art museum, where to enjoy art for free in South Carolina |