Water sports rule at the picturesque Shelter Cove Marina! This Mediterranean style marina features Hilton Head’s largest deep-water yacht basin with 170 boat slips for boats up to 135 feet in length. Here you can enjoy deep-sea and inshore fishing, sport crabbing, nature excursions and dinner cruises. During the summer months there is a spectacular and FREE to attend fireworks show.
What’s fun to do around Shelter Cove Marina:
• Dolphin and wildlife watch cruise go either with Adventure or the very kids-friendly Captain Hook)
• Shop at the nearby Mall or the marina mini-shops.
• Relax on the rocking chair watching the boats come and go, drinking a cup of coffee, surfing the net (FREE Wi-Fi at Shelter Cove Marina).
• Go to Shelter Cove Park – every Tuesday during summer months there are free concerts, fun kids programs and breath-taking fireworks. Make sure to bring a chair or blanket.
• Visit the Palmetto Dunes Resort to see the mysterious and ghost haunted Skeleton Tower Lighthouse and enjoy miles of pristine biking trails.
• Take your children to Adventure Cove that features two mini golf courses ($12 per game) and Hilton Head’s largest arcade. You can print a $1 off coupon from their website.
Where to eat:
• Kingfisher – picturesque dinning (steaks, pasta, seafood), spacious decks and live entertainment. One of the best Happy Hour on the island.
• Old Oyster Factory – an island landmark built on an original oyster cannery. Claims to have the best seafood and steaks in Hilton Head.
Here is my Top 5 Fun Things to Do with Kids on the island that are free or very affordable.
Enjoy your family vacation to the fullest on Hilton Head island!
Filed under: Biking, Boating and Fishing, Canoe and Kayak, Extreme sports, Hilton Head, Hilton Head - Savannah, Outdoor Activities, Videos and Photos, Walking and Jogging | Tagged: Adventure Cove mini golf arcades, affordable Hilton Head family attractions, best Hilton Head water sports marina, best places to eat at Shelter Cove Palmetto Dunes Resor, fun things to do Palmetto Dunes Resort, Hilton Head just for kids, Shelter Cove Marina cruises, Shelter Cove Marina kids things to do, Shelter Cove Marina photos, Shelter Cove Marina shopping, Shelter Cove Marina water sports, Skeleton Tower Lighthouse | Comments Off on Shelter Cove Marina a Mediterranean like waterfront extravaganza fun for the whole family